I am writing into the void.
I am writing about the void.
I am avoiding writing?
It’s summer again, and that means Clarion West, and because I never learn I am signed up for it again. You can read all about it at www.clarionwest.org/members/eskaftun. So far I have zero sponsors, so I could use a few more! This year I have pledged to:
• Move my Blogspot blog to WordPress. I mean really. Blogspot? What was I thinking? (by end of week 1)
• Add a crapload of old travel writing, book reviews, and other junk to the blog. (at least 2 posts per week)
• Research and submit previously published stories to reprint markets. (at least 1 per week)
• Write and post new postcard stories. (at least 1 per week)
• Finish current WIP, a murder mystery set in a school full of invisible teenagers. (by end of week 3)
• Start some new fiction. (30 min. of fictioning per day). If no new fiction ideas occur on schedule, revisit old WIP YA novel about teens navigating a world where murder is legal, up to a point.
• Figure out how to have a twitter presence when I hate twitter. 🙂
So far I have mostly done the first thing, moving this site to WordPress. However as of this exact moment it only shows up if you DON’T type in the “www” part. I’m working on it. But in the meantime you probably can’t see me. So hello, void.
I’m a little behind on submissions and adding in old blog posts, but I have added one old post to the site. There will be more of these, and they will be backdated. Exercise in futility? Probably.
I have also written one of my famous postcards. It could be yours if you sponsor me.